10/02/2005

Yankees Win!!!!

In honor of the Yankees clinching their 8th consecutive American League East Championship this weekend, Sam donned his Derek Jeter jersey and joined me for a victory lap around the apartment. It thrills me to no end that I'll finally have a son to share the post-season with. I can only hope that things work out better this year for the Yanks than they did last year.

IMG_3141

In other exciting news, the Sooners actually won a game this weekend, beating the hated KSU Wildcats 43-21. And as an added bonus, OSU got thumped by Colorado. (Sorry Becky, had to throw that in just for you.) I'm planning to savor this victory all week, since it's doubtful that OU will continue their string of wins over Texas next weekend. In fact it will probably get pretty ugly in Dallas, with the Longhorns making up for 6 years of humiliation. But at least for one weekend in October, both the Sooners and the Yankees were winning, and all was right with the world.

When we weren't watching football and baseball this weekend, we did actually get outside and enjoy the sunshine. This morning Alissa and I laced up our rollerblades and hit the beach with Sam. We bladed up to Sunset and back on the beach path in Santa Monica and had a great time. The whole rollerblade-stroller combination actually works great and is a fantastic workout. Plus it was like adding training wheels for me, which can't hurt considering what a terrible rollerblader I am to begin with.

Tomorrow it's back to work and another week of insanity. It turns out that my shows have been moved back to LA once again, so the next few weeks promise to be fairly stressful, to say the least. Though I'll have the memories of a great weekend with my family and a couple of nice wins for my teams to carry me through. Have a nice weekend everybody, and I'll write again soon.

In the meantime, here's a new slideshow to get you through the week.

(click on the photo to see the show)

IMG_3147

3 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger jon said...

While searching for new central air conditioner info for my house I stumbled onto your blog. I totally agree!

Paul

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My OWN NEPHEW!!!!

Becky

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky I told you once lOSUr stopped playing high school teams that your world would be turned upside down. Now Mr. Millar just remember we still have Bob Stoops on our sideline and the pukehorns have Mack Brown! BOOMER SOONER!
MICHAEL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com