10/25/2005

A Sad Day

I met Rosa Parks in 1996. In my career I've been fortunate to meet and work with, many famous people. None of them have ever come close to moving and inspiring me the way she did. Rosa Parks was a living piece of American history. When we met, she was a frail, quiet old woman. But the power of her deed that day long ago in Montgomery hung in the air and vibrated through me in a way I will never forget. I can remember an overwhelming feeling to thank her in some way, even if the best I could do was to be respectful and to listen well to what she had to say. I can remember feeling intensly aware of the fact that I was in the presence of a great, honorable person who had changed the course of American history for the better. I can only hope that in death, she is remembered by every American that way.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trend forecasters
There was a time, way back in the late 1990s, when coolhunting was still cool, when nearly every Madison Avenue ad agency wanted a resident hipster to interpret the spending habits of those inscrutable ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to highway construction project on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like highway construction project!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com